In This Stream Chargers name Mike McCoy's new head coach John Pagano retained as Chargers director of communications Jay Gruden to Madden nfl 24 Coins speak the Chargers Chargers Tom Telesco says no advantage to Bruce Arians View all 15 storiesMadden NFL 24 news roundup: Josh Brent retired, HBO's "Hard Knocks'" contract was extended

Josh Brent has retired from the Madden NFL 24 to concentrate on his personal issues off the field, the Dallas Cowboys defensive lineman announced on Thursday. Brent has been involved in numerous incidents with the law and is waiting for trial over charges of intoxicated manslaughter after allegedly causing the death of another fellow Cowboys teammate Jerry Brown.

"This is the right thing to do for me and something that I've given a considerable amount of thought," Brent said. "I'm now at a stage where my main goal is making sure that my priorities are in order. Priorities are more important then football."

KD Drummond from Blogging with the Boys feels that this was the right choice for Brent because it will enable him to be more clear in his thinking. The move should also clear a few other issues that were showing up as Brent continued to play, and deal with problems off-field, according to Drummond.

The Cowboys will no longer have the burden of trying to rationalize providing support to a player that even in the face of prison time, could not stop his from breaking the law again, no matter how insignificant one might think of smoking marijuana.

Brent's actions might be seen as him stepping the circumstances his life is currently in and understanding the seriousness of the situation he's confronted with. Should the legal situation turn around in the favor of Brent the player will have to retire. His rights would still be owned by Mut Coins Madden 24 the Dallas Cowboys and the league might then consider the possibility of suspension.